Post offices use special scales that are designed to weigh postal envelopes and packages, which basically work the same way as any other scales. Today, similar digital scales are mostly used by businesses since they are more reliable and sensitive to the point that they can weigh lightweight items like letters and documents.
That said, a postal scale is not just for post offices anymore. Ever since e-commerce happened and marketplaces opened for people to sell their products directly, there has been an increased use of postal service by such sellers and businesses. What is more convenient is that digital postal scales such as the PS-25 Table Top Postal Scale by American Weigh Scales are quick and easy to work with, and the weight is accurately measured and displayed on a screen.
As many businesses end up paying more than they have to for postage, these smart and precise postal scales are designed to counter this. For businesses, it is best to have a scale made for postal services since by knowing the correct weight, you can print out the exact shipping label online and save yourself the trouble of waiting in long queues. That said, let us dig into the details of the product we mentioned above to see whether it is worth buying or not.
American Weigh Scales PS-25 Table Top Postal Scale
The American Weigh Scales PS-25 is a postal weighing scale that has a modern design, and has the following features:
- Ease of use: This weighing scale is effortless to use with the weight display on the back-lit blue LCD. It also has a hold feature to make things further easier. Just press the save button, and the weight keeps displaying even after you have removed the item. It is also conveniently located on the side so that you can press it when a large package is placed.
- Weight capacity: The capacity of this weighing scale is 55 pounds with a 0.01-pound resolution.
- Platform: The platform where you keep the letters or parcels to weigh has a size dimension of 7.25 x 5.5 inches. This is more than enough to weight letters and small packets.
- Auto-off function: This feature shuts the screen automatically after two minutes to save energy.
- Units of measure: You can quickly change the unit of measure by pressing the mode button. You can see the weight in grams, kilograms, pounds, and ounces.
- Other functions: This scale has the tare function which resets the weight to zero. It also features a letter tube built within the platform, so you just need to lift the cover of the platform and place the roll on the tube where it stays in place.
- Add-ons: This scale comes with an AC adapter and two AA alkaline batteries. Hence, if you have an outlet nearby, you can also plug it in, and since the batteries are rechargeable, you can travel with it as well.
- Size and weight: The product’s approximate weight is just 2.3 pounds, and it does not take much space so that you can place it on any countertop in your living room or kitchen.
- Calibration: The product does not need calibrating as it comes calibrated. It will give you very accurate weight for your postage as it is specifically designed for that.
- Made of durable materials
- High weight capacity
- Easy to use
- Batteries and adapter included in the price
- Can accurately weigh mailing tubes
- Lightweight and compact
- Not designed for weighing very light items like jewelry or heavy items like luggage
The American Weigh Scales PS-25 is a simple, accurate, and convenient weighing scale for postal envelopes and packages. It has many features that allow you to accurately weigh your items right at home before heading to the post office.
The scale has different units of measure, and you can even note it after removing the item. It runs on rechargeable batteries, an AC adapter, and has weighing mailing tubes. Additionally, it has a minimalist design with only basic buttons.
Since it is exclusively made for postal stuff, weighing other things would not give you the result you desire. The size, weight capacity, and accuracy though are all adequate for weighing a small package or envelopes.
Smart Weigh Professional Post Scale
Let’s compare the product in question with another similar postal scale to see where it stands. The Smart Weigh Professional Post Scale has a tempered glass platform, and it has a maximum capacity of 11 pounds or five kilograms. That is quite less as compared with the weight capacity of American Weigh Scales that we just reviewed.
Nonetheless, both have a sleek and minimalistic design as well as display weight on an LCD screen. Similarly, the tare and hold buttons are present on both of these products. It is also powered by one lithium-ion battery just like the scale reviewed here.
You will also find weighing postal packages very easy on both scales. The platform dimensions are almost similar as well, and no calibration is needed on both products. Further, there is no significant price difference as both the scales have affordable.
One difference is in the units of measurement because the Smart Weigh Professional Post Scale can also display weight in milliliters, making it possible to weigh liquids accurately. Additionally, the tempered glass on this device is strong enough to withstand the weight and everyday usage, but it lacks any space for adequately placing mailing tubes.
The American Weigh Scales PS-25 Table Top Postal Scale is highly accurate, easy to use, and reliable, so anyone who sends out mail regularly will find it pretty useful. You can save yourself from all those extra trips to the post office when you mention the wrong weight on the postage labels. If you are a seller who has to mail out orders, this will definitely make your life easier, as you would know the weight already and have a clear idea of how much postage you need to pay.
We can also say that the American Weigh Scales PS-25 Table Top Postal Scale is good value for money since it can last very long. The weight capacity is also quite generous for a postal scale. Overall, we would recommend it on account of its usability, multiple functions, and of course, accuracy.