There are dozens of different measuring tools that home chefs and bakers use from week to week. Measuring cups, spoons, pitches, and more each have their specific purposes.Because of this, many people might not think that they need a kitchen scale, but anyone who has used a digital scale for baking or cooking will tell you how it completely changes just about everything.
The best kitchen scales make cooking faster, simpler, and more intuitive. And the best digital kitchen scale of 2018 for your family can be found on this list.
Best Digital Scales for The Kitchen Reviews
1. Etekcity Digital Kitchen Scale
The inexpensive Etekcity Digital Kitchen Scale is a very popular product that is known for its small size, sleek design, and super user-friendly functionality. If you want to choose what many consider to be a top-of-the-line product, this might be the scale for you.
This digital kitchen scale from Etekcity might be a great choice for anyone who is new to the world of kitchen scales because it is so easy to use. The learning curve is very easy to follow, and you probably won’t even need the user manual to understand how to use this appliance.The scale can measure pounds, ounces, grams, or milliliters, and resetting it to zero is as simple as pressing the tare button. This means you can measure ingredients plain or put them in the container of your choice for an accurate reading.The scale itself is accurate to one gram precision, though it only starts to read if something is heavier than three grams. This means you won’t be able to measure small amounts of powder, but this should not be a big problem for most users.The backlight on the LCD screen only stays on for ten seconds which saves battery life but can be hard to read if you don’t see it quickly.
- Compact Design: With a spacious yet thin platform, the scale is travel-friendly and takes up little storage space.
- Quality Material: Measure food, small items, and liquids (milk & water) with confidence on the food-grade, stainless steel platform.
- Tare Function: Use the tare function to remove container weight from the final measurement of your food.
- Unit Conversion: Select your preferred units, oz/lb’oz/fl’oz/g/mL to follow recipes and track your food portion with precise measurements in 1g/1ml/0.04oz increments.
- LCD Display: Easily read measurements on the backlit LCD display.
What’s to like about the Etekcity Digital Kitchen Scale
- Sleek, slim design
- Accurate readings
- User-friendly controls
What’s not to like about the Etekcity Digital Kitchen Scale
- Doesn’t read before three grams
2. Ozeri Pronto Digital Kitchen and Food Scale
The Ozeri Pronto kitchen scale is a competitive alternative to the Etekcity scale which also comes at an affordable price with accurate readings and a sleek design.
Let’s dig into our investigation of the Ozeri Pronto Digital Kitchen and Food Scale.The first thing that stands out about this scale is the many different colors that it is available in. Each bold color is sure to fit a different kitchen, so you can find the perfect item for your decor without worrying about finding cabinet space for the scale if it doesn’t match.Another great thing about the scale is its conversion functionality. The scale reads grams, pounds, pounds, and ounces, just ounces, and milliliters. Switching between these measurements is as simple as touching a button, so you will have all the information you need in no time.One problem that you may have with this particular scale is the very small size. If you need to weigh something in a casserole dish or on a dinner plate, the item will obstruct your view of the screen, making it all but impossible to use.Like all scales, this scale has a margin of error. This scale has a respectable margin of error of around two grams. This would not affect everyday cooking but might affect more precise baking. If you are someone who needs the utmost of accuracy, you’re better off checking out the next review on this list.
- Accurate, elegant, easy-to-use digital kitchen scale for your largest and smallest cooking projects – weighs up to 11.24 lbs (5100 grams) with precise graduations of 0.05 oz (1 gram).
- Automatic Unit Button instantly converts between 5 units of measurements (g, lbs, lbs:oz, oz, ml) and displays results on an easy-to-read LCD screen – e.g. easily convert 539 grams to 1.188 pounds to 1 pound 3 ounces to 19.01 ounces to 539 ml.
- Precision Tare Button calculates the net weight of your ingredients by automatically subtracting the weight of any bowl or container.
- Features a newly enlarged weighing platform finished in elegant chrome, and 2 large buttons that generate an audible click confirmation. Cleans and stores easily.
- Runs on 2 AAA batteries (included) that automatically power-off after 2-minutes to preserve battery life, and an easy-access battery compartment (no screwdriver needed). Satisfaction Guaranteed.
What’s to like about the Ozeri Pronto Digital Kitchen and Food Scale
- Many colors available
- Simple conversion functionalities
- Small, convenient size to keep on counter
What’s not to like about the Ozeri Pronto Digital Kitchen and Food Scale
- Two-gram margin of error
3. AMIR Digital Kitchen Scale
This choice brand scale by AMIR is a unique kitchen scale that can do more than just measure your ingredients to a 0.01-gram accuracy – it can also count! This scale is the right choice for those who want the best accuracy to the smallest degree.
Many people who have tried kitchen scales before want to use something with more precision and accuracy when they buy their next scale. They might be very satisfied with a scale like the AMIR Digital Kitchen scale, which accurately measures everything from 0.01 to 500 grams.Another feature worth exploring with this model is the counting function, which helps it stand out as one of the best digital kitchen scale options. Once you measure the weight of one item, you can have the scale count a larger number of the items based on their weight.Since this scale is so sensitive, it is also easily thrown out of whack. You may need to work on calibrating it often and keeping everything off of it when not in use will be necessary to not mess up the sensors. The scale is rather delicate.
- High-Precision & Wide Range: AMIR kitchen scale built with high precision sensor system, provides you with instant and accurate results from 0.05g to 500g. Easy to clean and use, make it an ideal to measure jewelry, medicine, and cooking ingredients with refined accuracy.
- Superior Quality Materials: The Smart Digital Pocket Scale is crafted to be strong, accurate, fast, and user-friendly. Constructed with a high-quality stainless steel platform and ABS plastic frame, this digital kitchen scale is durable and easy to clean.
- Smart Button Functions: The “PCS” function enables you pieces counting such as pins, beads, screws; The “T” function will provide a net weight; The “M” function helps you choose the proper unit. The switch time can be set to 60″, 120″ and 180″. Besides, it can alert users for low battery power, overload, and uneven surface placement.
- Stylish Design & Space Saver: Minimalistic and elegant design, the food scale’s mini and compact size (Product Dimensions: 4″ x 5″ x 3/4″. Platform Dimensions: 4″x4″) takes up minimal space on your desk, makes it a pro pocket scale makes it easy for carrying.
- Multi-Functions: Built with a clear blue back-lit LCD screen, the cooking scale can convert measurement results between in g, tl, oz, ct, and gn in seconds. Comes with two trays (13cm, 10cm), which can be used as protectors or scale trays. Meet your demand of measuring different things.
What’s to like about the AMIR Digital Kitchen Scale
- Can count objects as well as weight them
- Measures from 0.01 to 500 grams
What’s not to like about the AMIR Digital Kitchen Scale
- Very sensitive scale; needs calibration
4. Greater Goods Stainless Steel Kitchen Scale
A similar model to the Etekcity Digital Kitchen Scale, this option from Greater Goods comes in at a lower price with slightly fewer features, making it a good budget option for at-home chefs.
The Greater Goods kitchen scale is a cute, small scale that is made of a stainless steel top that is a scratch resistant surface. If you plan to keep your scale on the counter, this might be a nice touch. You don’t have to worry about it looking old or ragged thanks to this feature.The buttons on this particular model (in comparison to the plastic version by Greater Goods) are much more functional. They register with feedback whenever you click, and they feel sturdier. Additionally, it’s easy to switch between different measurement conversions because of the intuitive layout.Like other scales that measure in one gram increments, this scale doesn’t seem to be able to pick up any weight underneath about three to five grams. While this won’t be an issue in some recipes, it could cause problems if you like to be very detailed in your preparations.
- A Premium Choice: Between the design and quality, this kitchen scale is going to last and function at an impeccable level. Your cooking just got ten times easier!
- Fresh Features: All of the qualities you need and expect in a kitchen scale: readings down to the gram, an eleven pound capacity, and easy to read display. What more could you want?
- Simple And Stylish: Don’t let the kitchen accessories cramp your style—the simplistic, modern design of this scale fits right in with the decor of any trendy space. Go ahead and leave it on the counter; it shows you care about your kitchen.
- True Support: Our friendly team in St. Louis are industry experts at-the-ready to assist you with any questions that might arise about your kitchen scale. We take pride in our work and want you to have a great experience from beginning to end.
- Beyond A Purchase: Yes, we design and produce high functioning, slick looking kitchen scales, but we value the positive impact of a purchase, on a global level, as much as anything. That’s why we only partner with ethical factories and ensure a portion of every sale is given back to a charity that aligns with the nature of what you’ll be using. Learn more about how we give back in our short videos!
What’s to like about the Greater Goods Stainless Steel Kitchen Scale
- Cute, small design
- Scratch-resistant stainless steel top
- Intuitive button design
What’s not to like about the Greater Goods Stainless Steel Kitchen Scale
- Doesn’t register very small weights
5. Etekcity Multifunctional Kitchen Scale
Another great digital scale option from Etekcity, this model has a detachable bowl which sets it apart from many of the digital scales on the kitchen appliance market.
The detachable bowl that can be used for super quick and easy measuring is the standout feature for this digital kitchen scale. The scale itself will auto-zero when you use the bowl, so you don’t even have to tare the device while measuring this way.Additionally, the bowl being detachable makes this model simple to store. The bowl can be removed and flipped upside down on top of the scale to save space. For those who don’t have much space to spare, that will be incredibly useful.All that being said, the detachable bowl is made of plastic and is not as durable as some might like it to be. If used with acidic ingredients such as lime or lemon juice, you may find that it burns or degrades the plastic, rendering it permanently damaged.Still, the scale is very simple to use and can switch between wet and dry measurements with ease, making it a favorite of many home chefs.
- Precise measurement: weigh up to 11 lb. (); graduation: 0. 1 oz/; minimum weight recommendation: 3 g; 10 inches diameter of the bowls can hold 27 oz; Battery included
- Multifunctional: measure and quickly convert units between lb. (Oz. ), G, mL, and fl. Oz. Include water and milk volume measurement modes with refined accuracy; high range of applications including food, ingredients, milk, grains, button, drugs, chemicals and more
- Easy Tare: features tare and auto-zero functions for easy compatibility with other containers; measure in a mug, plate, or different sized bowl with dependable and hassle-free accuracy
- Practical design: Detachable bowl design, free mix ingredients, easy storage in small size, be used as a space saving protective cover and directly measure without the bowl
- Professional: 1 year provided by Etekcity. Note: Refer to the PDF attached below in technical specification for user manual
What’s to like about the Etekcity Multifunctional Kitchen Scale
- Detachable bowl auto-zeros scale when in use
- Easy to store
- Can change measuring for wet and dry ingredients
What’s not to like about the Etekcity Multifunctional Kitchen Scale
- Detachable bowl easily damaged by acids
Among the best digital kitchen scales, the Etekcity Digital Kitchen Scale stands out as the top product for its great design, accurate readings, and easy-to-operate control system. If you want something with unique functions at a similar price, you may want to consider the AMIR Digital Kitchen Scale which can give more precise readings down to the 0.01-gram measurement. It can even count objects for you.
The bottom line is that any of these digital kitchen scales will do a standout job of helping you make a more delicious dinner for your family or guests. Plus, you’ll be able to do it more quickly thanks to the time-saving method of using a scale to measure your ingredients.